The COVID-19 pandemic has certainly changed the way we live our lives and has necessitated taking extreme precautions with the gradual opening up of the economy and winding down of the lockdown restrictions in phases. The first thing you should emphasize upon is the regular cleaning of your car in order to lower the spread of coronavirus.
If you follow the below mentioned tips, you will not only keep yourself and your car secure from COVID-19 but will also contribute towards keeping your residential area/society and community free from the spread of the virus.
Vital Tips That You Should Follow in This Regard
- Keep yourself safeguarded first by wearing a face mask before cleaning or washing your car.
- Invest in high-quality gloves preferably made of rubber for undertaking car cleaning tasks.
- Commence with the regular cleaning operations, namely removal of all the car’s floor mats, vacuuming and doing away with all the grime and dirt which accumulates in the vehicle’s corners.
- Get a tub of soap-filled water and soak your car’s carpets and floor mats in the same. Liquid soap or regular detergent may be used in this case.
- Scrub fabrics (including seat fabrics) that cannot be removed from the vehicle and use a sponge that has been dipped in a soap-based mixture. Always reach well into the corners of the car.
- Use a sponge which has been soaked in disinfectant (alcohol based) for scrubbing all plastic components and panels including door panels, the dashboard and central console.
- Soap wash can be liberally used for cleaning up all the exterior surfaces of your car.
- This should be vigorously applied on parts which are used more, i.e. the mirrors, door handles and of course, the boot of the car.
- Make sure that you dispose all the waste cloth, gloves and other material in an effective and safe manner
The best course of action, of course, is to avoid driving as much as possible. In case you have to travel on a regular basis for work or other purposes, make sure that the above mentioned steps are all followed. Thorough cleaning of your car is required as much as possible in order to stem the possible spread of COVID-19. As a result, you should take out a little time whenever possible and get down to the job without further ado.
A clean and well-sanitized car will keep you and everyone around, safe from chances of the COVID-19 spread. The above mentioned tips are easy to follow and do not require any fancy materials or complicated mechanisms on your part. All you need is a little time and patience. Adhering to guidelines of personal hygiene and safety should be of paramount importance as well. Stay safe and take good care of yourself, your family members and your beloved car too! Together, we will get through this!