Are you dreading the hot and scorching summers and what they will do to your constitution? Imagine what they can do to your beloved car! Summers mean instant increases in temperature that may have an adverse impact on your vehicle if you do not take preventive measures in advance. Here are some helpful tips that you can use for your car during summer.
- Engine Fluid Refilling – Your car has several fluids. Make sure that all these fluids are refilled in order to avoid any issues during the season.
- Keep your car in the shade – In searing summers, make sure that you park your car under a shade. This will prevent a sudden heating up of your car which can make life unbearable for quite some time afterwards (when you get into it that is)! Find a shade for parking, no matter wherever you go!
- Test the AC unit – Ensure that your AC unit is working fine without any debris or dirt clogging up the filter. A properly functional AC is imperative during the summer months. Make sure this aspect is examined minutely at your end.
- Test the car battery – The car battery should be in good condition in the summers in order to avoid any adverse impact during the season. Test the battery at your service centre. Make sure that it is not getting overtly heated up and is in good condition.
- Check the brakes – You should always get your brakes checked to see whether they are working fine. This is non-negotiable since this has a direct bearing on your safety while you are at the wheel.
- Check tyre pressure thoroughly – Tyres are always more vulnerable toward damage during summers. You should keep checking them periodically in order to ensure that they are in good condition. Tyre pressure should be regularly checked during hot summers.
- Change car oil as required – Ensure that your car oil is changed and ready before you start driving extensively during the summer.
These are some tips that you should keep in mind before using your car in summer. Take your vehicle to the service centre and get all these aspects checked. Also, make sure that you wash your car periodically while keeping it covered if you are parking in the open. Keep it in a closed or shaded space in an ideal scenario.